Friday 25 June 2010

Assalamualaikum

First, apologies kalau banyak typos berabis. Im using a keyboard im berabisly not use to and also in a bit of a rush. Point of this post is it was my first jumaat back in brunei today and i was looking forward to it because i enjoy the UBD mosque. Nothing can beat it in the UK. Nothing can beat it in most places. Everything seems small in comparison. Nada emotional feel i have with the UBD mosque.

My favourite time would be time sembahyang raya. Bangun at 530 to make sure dapat parking arah masjid (we dont jalan at 530, bangun saja pasal kami batah kan get ready). ngalih ngalih berabis because time ramadhan bangun at 3pm everyday. But when u go into the masjid you still feel ngalih and its even worse because the aircond plus wudhu water makes you very cold. This makes my nose fill up with ingus. At least nowadays ive learned to bring tissues. Kalau masa kanak kanak pakai baju saja. HAHAHA.

Anyway back to my point. I was looking forward to my first jumaat back. And it was good. Masuk masjid ada familiar environment. The whole feel was also very bruneian, which i like. Kalau sembahyang di uk, u dont get the same feeling. Macam everyone strangers saja. Tapi the thing that felt missing was the khutbah. Hari ani khutbah was pasal dadah. Dont get me wrong, im not supporting drugs or anything, i just think the khutbah maybe a little out of place to the people who actually go for sembahyang jumaat.

Ill try to not sound too preachy here but I think what the islamic authorities, the government and the imams should really focus on is bringing stronger islamic values to our lives. I just feel that focussing on drugs is only addressing a small part of the problem. I think we need to focus on the basics. Get people to come back to religion, strengthen their religion, then focus on other goals.

Religion first. And what better way than to bring people back to the basic principals. When we have a strong foundation, a problem like drugs would be easy to kill. Also, are ciggarettes a drug? hahaha. Ada problem kali tu trying to get rid of that problem.

Well this is only my first jumaat back. I may be talking nonsense so forgive me kalau ada tesalah cakap.

Insyallah update again soon.

Assalamualaikum warrahmatullahi wabarakatuh

1 comment:

  1. Assalamualaikum, if i am not mistaken khutbah ani ada theme every week.you can check all the previous khutbah from MRA (i think ada bukunya bejual) so you don't feel like missing any.

    ReplyDelete