Friday 20 March 2009

Popular Culture, Media and Art








When you see the module name (the one in the title), the things that come to mind is awesome stuff. Popular Culture.. football is a culture, games are culture. Well thats what I first thought. Rupanya if I just wiki-ed the word culture, id discover what it actually means is

* excellence of taste in the fine arts and humanities
* an integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for symbolic thought and social learning
* the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution, organization or group.


If I knew this is what I was getting myself into when I put myself down for the module, ready2 ku 1st week of uni drop tarus and change it for something which is easy and awesome. I thought id be studying about really cool stuff, which is what I thought the word POPULAR meant. Who would have thought, no 21 uni weeks in to the year, I know nothing about Popular Culture. Hahaha sialan. This was suppose to be the easy module I take so I can fit in more time to play football, main game and concentrate on my other modules, my law modules, my most important modules. But now im stuck, stayed up all night just so I could make it to the 10am class on a friday because I always miss it. Its not that I am sengaja-ing missing the classes jua. This year has been a very good year in terms of going into class and studying. I finally learned how to use the online library. My essay marks werent terrible (Except for ni the whole topic of this post) and for each of my law modules, I have only missed 1 seminar each all year. Compared to last year, I think I deserve a pat on the back.

Its a shame im going to go into the easter holidays, again just like last year, worrying about how I am very likely going to fail an exam unless ada miracle. Like last year. Tapi at least this year its only the one exam yang mesti miracle. Last year semua mesti miracle, and Alhamdullilah success jua akhirnya. Ohh well. My dad told me tadi nothing which is worth it comes easy. I should of took something yang inda brapa worth it tapi boleh kraja masih. Hahahaha.

Brunotts countdown. 2 days.

Countdown to actually being any good at playing football. ELLLAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bah atu saja.

No comments:

Post a Comment