Saturday 30 May 2009

Fresh Start

Assalamualaikum readers.

First of all saya apologize for the lack of activity on the blog. Im sure not many people read, but I appreciate those who do. Reason for not updating, first I had my last exam yesterday which I didnt really study for but it was still something on my mind. Second is ive been watching this documentary. A mind blowing one. Ill get to that bit later though.

One point I got out of it though is that life is full of choices. We have been blessed by Allah with the ability to make these choices in our everyday life. The dissapointing thing is so many times we make the wrong choices. Its hard to accept this though as most of us has been brought up with a firm belief in what success is. It is a very common Bruneian culture to persuade children that education comes first. This of course is very true. But we need to do this while completing our main priority. The first and most important out of all priorities we have and that is to complete our obligations as an Islam. This of course comes first with the five pillars of Islam and the second pillar is prayers. These are not labelled 1-5 just randomly. Prayers always come first on top of all other daily routines. Prayers should be the top of list of our daily routines.

Now where is this coming from all of a sudden? I have always been reluctant to give any advice or try and preach when I blog. Or talk to people for that matter. I have never seen myself as having the right to tell people what to do. But you see, what I have realised is I am not telling people what to do. I am only giving advice. I want to stress this most importantly. We all have obligations towards Islam but it never hurts to have gentle reminders once in a while. We have been blessed with the Al-Quran and Sunnah Nabi Muhammad SAW as a guideline to live our lives. It is important we embrace these as part of our daily lives. Even if you cannot do these completely, we have all been given the freedom of choice. Its all in the baby steps. Nobody can expect you to go from a person who does little to someone who does alot and it would be unfair if you were expected to.

The main point. Sincerity. Ikhlas. Do what you can to the utmost of your capabilities as long as you are ikhlas in what you are doing.

Now I hope people do not think I am being full of myself for typing all this. It is all just a gentle reminder. This is also the way I will start blogging from now on. Since this time I choose to do what I have been told to do in the Al-Quran and that is to spread the word of Islam. These are hard times but our freedom of choice is still ours.

For those of you who need a little more kick watch this documentary by the wakeup project

Some of you may have already heard of this. The documentary is called the arrivals. I want to stress that this is all just the documentary punya pembuat punya opinion. There is no message of going against any word of islam, i have watched all the way to the last 4 episodes.

Ok atu saja kali for now. Forgive me if I have in any way offended you. Please take everything with an open mind.

Bah atu saja.

Assalamualaikum

No comments:

Post a Comment