Monday 20 July 2009

Assalamualaikum.

My psp broke. Its actually my brothers psp. I have spent the whole day wondering around the house wondering what to do with myself. Its very depressing when I have the whole world just outside my door but instead I spend time sulking indoors. On the other hand though, playing monster hunter takes me into a whole diffrent world where I kill monsters. AHHHH IM ADDICTED!

Tomorrow I have been back in Brunei for exactly 2 weeks. Its been good. I have been going out while fitting in tons of time main game di rumah. Meeting up with old friends, main bola 2 kali, bukit shahbandar sekali, makan luar sama family. This is why I love being back home. There is just something very diffrent living in a foreign country and I dont think I could ever do it permanently. Something about being back home with family, having the freedom to roam around without having to take the bus and also paying 2 pounds for a daily bus pass. 5.50 ringgit tu bui. 7 hari, 38.50 ringgit. Kalau pakai kereta moderately inda sampai 20 ringgit seminggu. Well thats for me anyway. Ive been driving around for 2 weeks and 1 tank alum lagi abis. Suka ku Brunei ani ehh.

On my travels being out and about I have had a couple of deep conversations and learning how some of my more distant friends are now living their lives. Its depressing. The way some people live their lives so carefree, forgetting everything including religion. The way the simple things in life are taken for granted. The freedom we have in Brunei. The rezeki we have been blessed with. And this doesnt just come down to money food and drink. Most of us are lucky enough to be living very healthy lives.

While we enjoy these worldly pleasures, we forget about what we are actually meant to be doing with out lives. While we are busy going out chasing girls, kami lupakan sembahyang. While we are working our jobs kami lupakan sembahyang. Its not just lupakan sembahyang, every moment we take a breathe of air, that is another moment Allah has blessed us with life and we should be thankful by remembering Allah. Not only do we forget, we also do exactly what we have been told not to do. Get distracted by worldly pleasures. Im very much guilty of this as well, even though I hardly go out, main game is just as much a waste of time as spending hours in Gadong cari chicks. Instead of other things I could be doing which would actually benefit me spiritually, hunting monsters tepulang. I know this all to well and I understand just how hard it is to give up.

I guess this is the disadvantage we have of living in the modern world. We are surrounded by distractions. Understanding that religion doesnt change no matter how much the world advances is key. Just because people go out bedua-duaan (girl boy boy girl) doesnt mean we are now allowed to. Same goes for aurat. Same goes for everything. It is not now ok to do things just because the modern world suggests that it is ok. Religion is religion and Islam is Islam. What was Wajib and Haram in the past is still exactly the same now. The line between the two will never change no matter how much time passes. I guess this is the burden we have to live with while being thankful to Allah for making life easy for us. Make it harder to be a good muslim while being able to enjoy the joys of hunting virtual monsters.

It is all a test. We need to strive and better ourselves so we can call ourselves good muslims. We dont have forever. I can imagine that most of the people reading my blog are more or less the same age as I am. Cuba kamu imagine we are lucky enough to live until our 80s. That still gives us 60 years to repent for all the sins we have done. Kamu rasa cukup? It is never to late to change and ask for forgiveness from Allah, as long as we are still alive to do so.

Ok atu saja. Its 2am and im blabbing.

Assalamualaikum.

No comments:

Post a Comment